Habits of Highly Successful Dental Assistants A+ A- A Main Content
The job of a successful dental assistant is to assist the dentist in every way possible. This allows the dentist to provide efficient and high-quality dentistry to your patients. Dental assistants should strive to create and maintain good patient relations, ensuring that each dental patient is happy and feels well-cared-for.
Habits of Highly Successful Dental Assistants
Below are a few habits of highly successful dental assistants:
- Dental assistants need to have plenty of initiative. For example, if you feel like there is room for improvement in your job, you can take the initiative and research materials and techniques as well as what works in other dental practices.
- Great dental assistants should not only know how procedures are done properly but also why they are performed in the first place.
- A dental assistant makes sure that he or she is properly trained and continuously looking for ways to improve his or her skill set.
- Dental assistants should always be communicating with the dentist. For example, ask questions in advance such as “are you planning a buildup? If so, what material were you planning to use?” This can help you be prepared.
- Great dental assistants are accountable and take pride in a job well done.
- Dental assistants should truly care about the patients and always be looking for ways to improve the patients’ experiences at the practice.
- A good dental assistant is open to constructive criticism and correction.
- As the dental assistant, you should be able to begin to predict what supplies or instruments your dentist will need beforehand.
- Great dental assistants will look at the upcoming days to help organize properly and plan accordingly.
- Learning how to effectively communicate with dental patients is the quality of good dental assistants. This should include answering questions and explaining treatment plans.
- Lastly, a dental assistant should be able to properly communicate with a treatment coordinator when passing a file and should make sure that the patient’s needs are met.
Here at CTC National, we provide proper training for all dental practice employees to make sure that offices run smoothly, and patients are cared for. If you’d like more information, please contact CTC National today and talk to an experienced dental consultant. Starting a dental practice? Our dental consultants specialize in dental start-up’s, dental consulting and coaching.