Tips on Hiring Front Office Employees at Your Dental Practice A+ A- A Main Content
Hiring new staff members for your dental practice is an investment of both money and time, but if you’re able to hire a successful staff, you will see the worth. Your office manager, billing clerk, and receptionist all perform important tasks and interact with your patients on a daily basis. This means that your employees have the power to make or break your practice! This is the importance of hiring staff that is friendly, professional, and will represent your practice.
Tips on Hiring Front Office Staff Members
Below are a few ways to make sure you’re hiring the best staff possible for your dental practice:
- Job listing – Create a succinct, straightforward job listing outlining the job requirements and responsibilities. Include a summary of the work schedule, compensation, and qualifications. These qualifications can include communication skills, tech skills, and a friendly and personable demeanor.
- Compensation – Invest well in your employees and your office will run smoothly, causing profits to increase. Compensate your employees well and cross-train them to increase productivity. It’s less expensive in the long run to retain a well-compensated staff than it is to deal with high turnover rates and lost productivity.
- Referrals – Getting a referral is quicker, cheaper, and typically produces a better hire. This is why it’s a good idea to ask current employees if they know someone who would be good for the open position. Referred hires also tend to stay longer as well.
- Interviews – The interview is important. Because while skills can be trained, and experience can be gained, personality cannot be changed. Make sure prospective employees are friendly, outgoing, and will represent your office well.
- References – Lastly, before making a job offer, reach out to the references provided by the applicant. Learn about why the employee left his or her last job and any weaknesses and strengths.
For help with hiring and training an educated and competent staff, please contact a dental consultant here at CTC National.